What’s Happening in Ward 5
- Work has begun on Churchill Avenue’s west shoulder to reduce erosion
- The concrete panel (road sections) replacement is underway in River Place and may be complete by next week, if there’s no rain delay. Rue Palafox/The Enclave is next on the list!
- Switzer Drive sidewalk grant is now winding its way through CSX railroad review/comment since some of the work is in their right of way. The approval process usually takes about 6 months.
- Park View lift station… Notice to Proceed has been sent to the contractor, Necaise Brothers Construction; work commencement date is April 20, with a 150 calendar day contract and a completion date of September 17..
Homeowner Associations & Apartment Managers in Ward 5… 12/14/14
Please feel free to contact me to meet with residents of your neighborhood or apartment complex about city concerns/issues that impact you and your neighbors.
Way Finding Signs 02/25/15
Noticed the circular shrimp signs at intersections on Highway 90 with traffic signals? Read more…
Concrete Road Repair 02/24/15
Beginning/ending dates, based on good weather and the avoidance of unforeseen difficulties, to replace significantly damaged concrete “panels” in the following subdivisions are:
Update 03/18/15:Start times are running about3 weeks behind the dates shown due to rain
– River Place, February 23-March 15
– Rue Palafox/Enclave, March 16-29
– Bordeaux/La Bonne Terre, March 30-April 12
– Carmargue/La Bonne Terre, April 13-May 3
– Saylor Road, May 4-May 24
– On The Green, May 25-June 14
– James Buchanan Drive, June 15-June 28
– Bay Pointe… to be done last IF monies are
available from savings on projects listed above…
Update 03/04/15: Bay Pointe will be included.