Tuesday, September 17
–Council meeting, 1:30 pm
Tuesday, September 24
-Council meeting, 1:30 pm
Tuesday, October 1
-Council meeting, 6:00 pm
Tuesday, October 15
-Council meeting, 1:30 pm
Tuesday, October 22
-Council meeting, 1:30 pm
Budget Documents Approved (posted 09/13/19)
Combined Funds Statement
Budget overview by Mr. Mike Leonard, Chief Administrative Officer
Discretionary Spending (generally referred to as Non-Departmental) No link yet
Video (26:05) of Council meeting approving the FY20 Budget
(08/14/19) Road Maintenance Study, June 2018
(05/10/19) Short Term Rental Ordinance Highlights
(10/22/18) Renew MS Driver License online
(04/07/18) Sign up for B-Alert
(09/29/17) Team Waste (Garbage) 228.328.1820
Pelican Waste & Debris (trash, limbs, etc.) 228.232.0850
Harrison County Utility Authority (HCUA) 228.868.8752
(07/06/17) Citizens’ Representative for complaints/concerns… 228.435.6271 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(03/21/17) To report a burned out streetlight: Call 1.800.487.3275 or online, Mississippi Power click here
(03/08/17) To report a water, sewer, gas, or drainage emergency after working hours, call Police Dispatch, 228.392.0641
(03/08/17) Dispose of your hazardous materials the second Saturday of the month, 8:00-12:00 at 10076 Lorraine Rd., Gulfport
(12/04/16) Road Closings and Traffic Advisories
(11/15/16) Sign up for free Bmail!
(08/19/16) HURRICANE PREPAREDNESS (MDOT)
(02/15/16) Crime Mapping tracks crime, by location, in Biloxi. See Frequently Asked Questions to understand how this program may help you.
(02/15/16) Looking for an item that appeared on this page previously but is no longer listed/shown? Archive
(09/13/19) The next Council meeting is Tuesday, September 3, 6:00 p.m., at city hall. See the agenda
Of particular interest…
(1) 4A Second Reading & Vote on garbage collection fee increase (47 cents/month)
(2) 5A Agreement w/Walter Wiygul & Garside to represent city re potential claims arising, Bonnet Carre Spillway
(3) 5F Agreement w/Brown, Mitchell & Alexander re survey of leasehold parcels at Point Cadet
(4) 5L Professional services agreement with Seymour Engineering for improvements at Sherman Canaan Dock
(5) 5M Professional services agreement with Brown, Mitchell & Alexander re West Biloxi Boardwalk, Phase 2
(6) 5V Delivery Order No. One to replace/repair Pine Grove drainage project
A pre-construction meeting with residents of Briarfield subdivision will be scheduled soon to discuss this project.
(09/05/19) A Ward 5 meeting is scheduled for Monday, September 9, 6:00 pm, at the Donal Snyder Recreation Center on Pass Road. This meeting is open to the public. Click here to see the agenda
(09/05/19) A Special Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, September 10, 6:00 pm, at city hall to discuss and approve the Fiscal Year 20 (2019-2020) budget.
(08/31/19) The next Council meeting is Tuesday, September 3, 6:00 p.m., at city hall. See the agenda
Of particular interest…
(1) 4A First Reading: Amend ordinance to increase monthly garbage fee 47 cents/month ($14.33 to $14.80)
(2) 4B Second Reading: Zone change, Residential Estate Restricted to Neighborhood Business, 5155 Road 536
(3) 4C Resolution setting tax levy for calendar year 2019 (fiscal year ending 09/30/20) for city and school district
(4) 4D Resolution adopting the fiscal year 2019-2020 municipal budget
(5) 5A Resolution authorizing self-funded employee group health insurance with Blue Cross Blue Shield of MS
(6) 5F Reappointment of members to the Building and Housing Board of Adjustments and Appeals
(7) 5J Resolution to provide for repair/maintenance & electricity costs at the Maritime & Seafood Industry Museum
(08/29/19) Public Hearing on 2019-20 budget…
The required public hearing on the city’s proposed FY20 (2019-2020) budget was conducted Tuesday, August 27, 5:15, at city hall. This hearing presented an opportunity for any citizen to comment on the proposed budget. No citizen present commented on the budget. The documents below were available at the hearing. I’ll place the Capital Projects document online when I receive it from the city administration.
Combined Funds Statement Statement of Revenues Department Budgets
(08/24/19) The next council meeting is Tuesday, August 20, 1:30… of interest…
(1) 4A First Reading: Zoning change from Residential Estate Restricted to Neighborhood Business, 5155 Road 536
(2) 4B Second Reading: Change in zoning to extend the boundaries of the West Central Historic Overlay District along Division Street from I-110 west to Keesler Air Force Base
(3) 4C Second Reading: Ordinance 23-2-2(E)(2)A, no longer require member of AHRC to live in an historic district
(4) 4D Resolution to grant final subdivision plat approval for Kabree Cove subdivision on Rosalie Maria Drive
(5) 4E Resolution to create paid parking at Point Cadet (Covacevich property) & Northeast Point Cadet parking lot
(6) 5C Amendment No. 1 to Management Agreement between City of Biloxi and Ohr-O’Keefe Museum of Art
(7) 5E Resolution regarding closure of railroad crossings at Nixon St & Delauney St (first 2 of 6 crossing closures)
(8) 5O Resolution for Third Extension re commencement of construction for Increment 1 of Trunk Infrastructure and Roadways with Pitcher Point Investments
(08/20/19) Ward 5 meeting… Monday, September 9, 6:00 pm, Snyder Center…
If you have topics you’d like discussed or updated, email them to me.
(08/18/19) The next Council meeting is Tuesday, August 20, 1:30… of interest…
(1) 4A First Reading to extend the boundaries of the West Central Historic Overlay District, Division Street,
from the I-110 east to Keesler Air Force Base
(2) 4B First Reading to amend ordinance 23-2-2(E)(2)A…eliminate requirement to reside in a historic district
(3) 4C First Reading: Extend DT-Downtown zoning along Howard Avenue from I-110 to Porter Avenue
Current zone are NB-Neighborhood Business and RS-5, High Density Single Family Residence
(4) 4F Resolution to Deny request for zoning change from High-Density Single Family Residential to Downtown
for 1012 Tullier Court
(5) 4G Resolution to grant Conditional Use approval for short-term rental at 141 Keller Avenue
(6) 4H Final Subdivision Plat Approval for Eastland Subdivision, 86 single family lots on Old Highway 67
(7) 5I 2019 Dredge Permit project with Seymour Engineering, Linda Drive bayou site
(8) 5K Memorandum of Agreement, Biloxi Bay Bridge lighting, with MS Transport. Commission & Ocean Springs
(9) 5W Resolution for agreement with Brown, Mitchell & Alexander Engineering for West Biloxi Boardwalk
(10) 5BB Resolution for second amendment to MOU between City and Biloxi Lodging, Development of Point Cadet
(08/03/19) The next Council meeting is Tuesday, August 6, 6:00 p.m., at city hall. See the agenda
Of particular interest…
(1) 4A First Reading: Extend DT-Downtown zoning along Howard Avenue from I-110 to Porter Avenue
Current zone are NB-Neighborhood Business and RS-5, High Density Single Family Residently
(2) 4B Resolution accepting bid of Blackline Corp to repair the Saenger Theatre
(3) 4D Resolution for Preliminary/Final Subdivision Plan approval, 725 MLK Jr Boulevard (Community Bank)
(4) 5E Resolution adopting 2019 Action Plan, use of funds allocated to Biloxi through HUD, CDGB Entitlements
(5) 5H Termination of agreement between Nextsite, LLC, and City of Biloxi
(07/20/19) The next Council meeting is Tuesday, July 23, 1:30 p.m., at city hall. Of particular interest…
(1) 4A Second Reading: Remove the licensing process for panhandlers and prohibit panhandlers at intersections
(2) 4B Second Reading: Amend Sect 12-9-9 of the Code of Ordinances pertaining to the cruise vessel license tax
(3) 5A Contract with DNA Underground to repair/replace infrastructure
(07/13/19) Items of particular interest on Tuesday’s Council Meeting, 1:30 pm:
(1) 4B Amend Ordinance 12-9-9 pertaining to cruise vessel license tax
(2) 4C Amend Chapter 19 of Code of Ordinances pertaining to taxation
(3) 4D Ordinance for Master Plan for Planned Development – Hospitality Business (Margaritaville, Highway 90)
(4) 4E Zoning change (to facilitate short term rentals), 1805 Irish Hill Drive & 183 McDonnell Avenue
(5) 4J Appointment of Raymond Skinner to the city’s Civil Service Commission
(6) 5D Authorization of application, and committing match for Pint Cadet Marina Redevelopment Project
(7) 5E Authorization of application, and committing match for Gulf Coast Restoration Fund Grant, Saenger Theatre
(8) 5L Authorization to pay Mardi Gras Museum all sums remaining in Municipal Budget for exhibit maintenance
(07/05/19) Saturday on BTV (Sparklight Ch. 56; Uverse Ch. 99):
8 a.m. — A day in the life of Biloxi, plus other video vignettes.
8:30 a.m. — Infrastructure update.
8:40 a.m. — Tour of progress on Fire Station 10, Old Hwy 67
9 a.m. — Biloxi City Council meeting, July 2.
10:30 a.m. — Biloxi City Council meeting, June 18. Features financial report, Saenger matriarch Gwen Gollotte
12:30 p.m. — Biloxi City Council meeting, June 11. Features discussion and vote on Bertucci project.
2:30 p.m. — Breakfast with the Mayor, from May 15, Edgewater Mall.
3 p.m. — Biloxi Fire Department Annual Awards Ceremony
4 p.m. — Biloxi Police Department Annual Awards Ceremony
5 p.m. — Downtown Biloxi Development gathering
7 p.m. — The Salvation Army Help Card announcement
8 p.m. — Mary Ann Mobley and The Biloxi Lighthouse
8:30 p.m. — Biloxi City Council meeting, July 2, 2019
10 p.m. — Biloxi City Council meeting, June 18
11:46 p.m. “Down in Biloxi,” by Ray Fournier.
(07/03/19) A First Reading to amend the city ordinances related to cruise vessel license tax and gaming device license tax was removed from the agenda. See the proposed changes
(07/03/19) The City of Biloxi on Monday afternoon received a 146-page analysis of whether a convention center should be considered for East Biloxi, amidst thousands of existing hotel rooms, and where it should be located. The 146-page report was commissioned by Southern Mississippi Planning and Development District and compiled by Conventions, Sports & Leisure International. See the study
(06/29/19) The next Council meeting is Tuesday, July 2, 6:00 p.m., at city hall. See the agenda
Of particular interest…
(1) 4A First Reading: Ordinances 12-9-9 and 12-9-10, cruise vessel license tax and gaming device license tax
(2) 4B First Reading: Ordinance to amend Chapter 19, Code of Ordinances pertaining to taxation
(3) 4C First Reading, Zoning Map Amendment for 195, 205, 219 and 3 unaddressed parcels fronting Beach
Boulevard to add Planned Development District Zone of Planned Development-Hospitality Business
(4) 4D Zoning map amendment at 1805 Irish Hill Drive and 183 McDonnell Avenue from RM-30 High-Density
Multi-Family Residential to CB Community Business
(5) 4E Second Reading: Ordinance 20-3-4 Parking in Small Craft harbor and Point Cadet Marina parking lots
(6) 5A Donation to Boom Boom Committee Inc, $10,000, July 4 fireworks
(7) 5G Authorization of agreement with Coast Bench Advertising
(8) 5Q Amend municipal budget to provide repair and maintenance and electricity costs at Ohr-O’Keefe Museum
(9) 5FF Agreement with RW Development for option to build/lease new public municipal pier and related purposes
(10) 5GG Amending budget, FY2019, to provide funds to pay contractual obligations for professional services
There was no council meeting this past week.
(06/22/19) Lane Construction Company has been awarded the bid to repair the next phase of infrastructure replacement referred to as “Area 10 Sixth Street South”. The bid was $10,527258 for the 550 calendar days, to begin after Notice to Proceed is given, needed to complete the project. See the map
(06/17/19) Briarfield subdivision: Biloxi Police Department will have officers posted in the Briarfield subdivision (at Pine Grove and Briarfield avenues) during Scrapin’ the Coast (June 21-23) to limit traffic in that neighborhood. I’ve been told the “Coliseum shortcut” will be open; Neighborhood Passes will not be issued.
(06/17/19) The next Council meeting is Tuesday, June 18, 1:30 p.m., at city hall. See the agenda Of particular interest….
(1) 4B First Reading: Amend Ordinance 20-3-4, Parking in Small Craft Harbor & Point Cadet Marina parking lots
(2) 4C Resolution to extend COLA increases to beneficiaries of General Municipal Retirement Fund and Biloxi Disability and Relief Fund for Firemen and Police (City’s “old” retirement fund)
(3) 5A Ordinance to amend Section 15-2-2 of the Biloxi Code of Ordinances (City Holidays). (Tabled earlier this month.)
(4) 5K Resolution authorizing Memorandum of Agreement with USCG re joint law enforcement boardings
(5) 5M Resolution acknowledging receipt of Municipal Audit for Fiscal Year (CAFR) 2017/2018 See the CAFR
(6) 5O Resolution authorizing Amendment #1 to the Agreement for Joint Feasibility Analysis and Development Planning for East Biloxi Convention Center and Retail Complex, Second Extension Agreement
(06/15/18) See the city’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, FY18, commonly referred to as the Audit
(06/08/19) On Tuesday’s Council agenda:
(1) 4A Second Reading for zone change at, 2330 Atkinson Road (Bertucci Development) See video of last week’s public hearing
(2) 5C Resolution declaring Friday, July 5, a discretionary holiday for city employees (not emergency personnel)
(3) 5D Resolution accepting bid of Lane Construction for infrastructure repair project, Area 10, Sixth Street South
(4) 5F Resolution authorizing submission of applications and committing match for FY2021 Tidelands Grants
(5) 5G Resolution authorizing execution of Second Extension Agreement re construction date of the trunk infrastructure and roadways with Pitcher Point Investments
(6) 5M Resolution amending city budget to transfer $20,000 from the General Fund to Executive Department
(06/06/19) Tuesday, June 11, from 8 a.m. to noon, Biloxi Main Street, Biloxi Chamber of Commerce and The City of Biloxi are hosting an Economic Development Forum with information on Downtown Biloxi Incentives! If you plan to build or are interested in opening a business, or creating residential units in Downtown, you will not want to miss this event! It is free to attend, and will be at the Biloxi Civic Center.
(06/06/19) Send me your email address and I’ll send you the weekly Ward 5 e-newsletter!
(06/03/19) Coast Transit Authority announces Saturday, June 15, 2019 will be the last day of service for Route 32 – Popps Ferry Biloxi & D’Iberville. This 90-minute route ran 6-days a week
with the route starting at the bus shelter at Pass Road and Popps Ferry. Riders had the opportunity to transfer and make connections with Pass Road – Route 34 East- and Westbound as well as Route 4 D’Iberville when it reached the Target store at the Promenade will be eliminated. See the CTA Press Release
(06/01/19) Several homeowners on Big Lake Road and Oakridge Circle received Boil Water notices in their mailbox Wednesday when a water line broke and was repaired. After appropriate water quality testing, the Boil Water notice was lifted late Friday night.
(06/01/19) A Public Hearing for the rezoning of 2330 Atkinson Road ( generally referred to as the Bertucci Development), corner of Atkinson Road & Popp’s Ferry Road, will be conducted this Tuesday, June 4, 5:00 p.m., at city hall. The matter is slated for Council action/discussion at the Council meeting which starts after the Public Hearing. See the agenda
(05/19/19) On Tuesday’s Council agenda:
(1) 4B Rezoning 212 Reynoir Street from Industrial to Multi-Family Residential (First Reading)
(2) 4C Preliminary Subdivision Plat approval, 5 lot subdivision, 398 Rosalie Maria Drive
(3) 4D Preliminary Subdivision Plat approval, re-platting 3 lots into 4 for townhouse units, 1535, 1539 Collins Street
(4) 4E Resolution authorizing settlement of 2013 & 2014 tax assessment disputes, Riverboat Corp (Golden Nugget)
(5) 5B Resolution for City to begin process, with CSX railroad and MDOT, to close Nixon & Delauney RR crossings
(05/10/19) Donations for the family of fallen Biloxi police officer, Robert McKeithen… The only donation account set up for our Fallen Officer is through Southern Coastal Credit Union. The Biloxi Police Department does not solicit donations via phone. To donate, give the credit union a call at 228.432.0284 or go by their office at 1042 E. Howard Avenue, Biloxi. Domino’s Pizza & Blind Tiger are supporting the McKeithen family with a portion of their sales on Wednesday, May 15. So is Taco Sombrero on Tuesday, May 14.
(05/10/19) Honor all of Biloxi’s fallen officers by attending the annual Fallen Officer Ceremony, Thursday, May 16, 10:00 am, Biloxi Police Department, 170 Porter Avenue.
(05/10/19) Short Term Rental highlights of the revised ordinance approved by city council Tuesday, May 7.
(05/10/19) Reunion at The Union… May 17, the Reopening of Howard Avenue, downtown
(05/06/19) Warrant issued for arrest of murder suspect… See the video
19 yeara portion of their old arrested in fatal shooting of Biloxi officer
(05/03/19) It’s that time of the year… Preservation in May! Curious? Read on
(05/03/19) The city council has scheduled a Public Hearing for Tuesday, June 4, 5:30 pm, city hall, on the matter of a requested zone change from Limited Business and Low Density Single-Family Residential to Planned Development Traditional Neighborhood Development for property currently identified as 2330 Atkinson Road. See the site plan
(05/03/19) The Charles R. Hegwood Community Market can be found every Tuesday and Thursday (April through December), 6:00 am to 4:00 pm under the I-110 overpass on Howard Avenue. On selected Thursdays (May 16, June 27, July 18, September 26, and October 24) visitors will find live entertainment, informational and demonstration booths, hourly giveaways and themed activities. Lunch is available for purchase. See the flier
(04/29/19) Want the Sunday e-blast? See the Sunday e-blast Get the Sunday e-blast… Just send me your name and preferred email address!
(04/28/19) Operation Ward 5 Spring Cleaning a success! Dumpsters were placed in selected neighborhoods this weekend for Ward 5 residents (and anyone else who may have noticed) to empty their attics and garages of unwanted items. Thanks to: City CAO Mike Leonard for green lighting this project , Waste Management for working out all the wrinkles, and Home Owner Association presidents for getting the word out. See the pics:
(1) Churchill Ave/Penzoil Park
(2) Fairview/Edgewater Estates
(3) East View/Edgewater Estates
(4) Cove Drive/Channel Mark
(5) Rue Palafox/Enclave & Petit Bois
(04/24/19) Panhandlers a nuisance? Do what I do: (1) Read the ordinance, start at 13-1-16 ; (2) DO NOT give panhandlers money; (3) Give them a Help Card (card front, card back)… get Help Cards (provided by the Salvation Army, thank you) at the Visitors Center; (4) If you feel harassed/threatened, call the police; (5) If you would like to help those less fortunate who approach you, donate to those organizations listed on the back of the Help Card; (6) Attend Council meetings and speak to this topic during Citizen Comments.
(04/24/19) Biloxi has a long history filled with diverse culture and in celebration of the community’s history, the City of Biloxi and Preserve Biloxi host the Gulf Coast Historical & Cultural Exposition Friday and Saturday, April 26-27, at the Biloxi Civic Center. See the flier
(04/21/19) Check out this week’s eblast… Like to receive it every Sunday? Send me your name and email address and I’ll add you to the distribution list… FREE! eBlast 04-21-19
(04/16/19) Overall, how did Spring Break go? Here’s Police Chief John Miller commenting… Listen
(04/10/19) Ever wonder who’s responsible for maintaining Highway 90? The median? The sand beach? The seawall? Well, as far as I can determine… Click here
(03/26/19) City of Biloxi Summer Playground Program, 2019… The City of Biloxi will be conducting registration for it’s annual Summer Playground and Enrichment Program in April. Note that registration days are different for the Biloxi School Sites and the Woolmarket School sites: Biloxi School Sites Woolmarket School Sites
(03/23/19) The City of Biloxi wants your help in finding a Volunteer of the Year. If you know someone or an organization or business that always seems willing to help, nominate them now for the 36th annual Volunteer Recognition Ceremony. Individuals who have volunteered in Biloxi will be recognized in the areas of community, health, arts and history, education, military, nonprofit organization, youth, sports, adult and youth groups, and a Distinguished Volunteer of the Year. Organizations and businesses also will be recognized for community service.
– Forms are available at the Downtown Services Office, 932 Howard Ave., at Biloxi City Hall, 140 Lameuse St., or online at biloxi.ms.us. All forms must be complete and include a picture of the nominee performing service work. The deadline for the nominations, which are to be turned into the Downtown Services office, is 5 p.m. on Monday, April 1.
– A recognition ceremony will be Tuesday, April 16 at 5:30 p.m. at the Biloxi Civic Center, 578 Howard Ave. During the free ceremony, awards will be presented and all nominees will be recognized. See the nomination form
(03/23/19) Items of interest on Tuesday’s council agenda:
(1) 4A First Reading for ordinance amendment, Sewage Disposal
(2) 4B First Reading for ordinance amendment, Small Cell Technology Facilities
Facilitates the availability of wireless communications services along the Right of Way and private property
(3) 4C First Reading for ordinance amendment, Requirements for Short Term Rentals
Short term rentals now permitted by right in commercial zones… this would change to Conditional Use
(4) 4D First Reading for ordinance amendment, Downtown Howard Avenue Corridor Redevelopment Overlay
(5) 4I Conditional Use Approval for construction of four (4) mausoleum structures by Bayly Drive
(6) 4J Resolution supporting Howard Avenue Redevelopment Project, Mixed Use Entertainment District
Boundaries of the proposed district: MLK Blvd. (N) to Water St. (S) and Main St. (E) to Reynoir St. (W)
(7) 5A Renewal of Property Insurance
(8) 5C Reappointment of John D. Snow, Ward 7 Representative to the Planning Commssion
(9) 5J MOU with the Hershel Williams Medal of Honor Foundation to erect a Gold Star Families Monument
(03/16/19) Planning Commission has Public Hearing on Short Term Rentals this Thursday, March 21, 2:00 pm…
The Planning Commission will conduct a Public Hearing on short term rentals at the Community Development Auditorium, Thursday, March 21, at 2:00 p.m. This is your opportunity to be heard by the Commission prior to the commission’s crafting a recommendation on short term rentals to the city council. The current ordinance prohibits short term rentals in single family residential zones, permits them by right in almost all commercial zones, and permits them only as a Conditional Use in RM-20 and RM-30 zones (zones for apartment complexes).
(03/13/19) Interested in nominating a volunteer that you feel is worthy of special recognition by the City of Biloxi? Nomination forms must be emailed or dropped off at the Downtown Services office before April 1st. The 36th Annual Volunteer Recognition Ceremony is Tuesday, April 16, 5:30 pm, at the Civic Center, 578 Howard Avenue. Click to read more Nomination Form
(03/12/19) A new 4-way STOP will be established at the intersection of Oakridge Circle/entrance to River Place subdivision and Big Lake Road this Thursday, March 14, weather permitting. Also, it is my hope to have the Biloxi Police Department present (blue lights) at that location during morning and afternoon “rush hour” for a couple of days to make motorists aware of this new 4-way STOP. And I understand, for those who travel through Bay Vista subdivision, that a new 4-way STOP will also be installed at the intersection of Rich Avenue and Bay Vista Drive on Thursday.
(03/03/19) Join the growing list of Ward 5 residents (and others throughout the city) who receive the Ward 5 eblast every Sunday. Add you to the list? Just send me your name and preferred email address… it’s that simple! See today’s Ward 5 eblast
(03/03/19) Thanks to all who attended the Ward 5 meeting… lasted about 75 minutes… informative!
At the podium, Mr. Jerry Creel, Director of Community Development, fields questions about the road that Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College (MGCCC) is considering building just west of Edgewater Estates that will connect their campus to Pass Road. Although MGCCC has had some dialogue with Mr. Creel, they have not yet been before the city’s Development Review Committee (DRC), the initial step of construction approval by the city.
(02/16/19) Meet your Council members and ask them questions at the Biloxi Bay Area Chamber of Commerce Coffee Talk, Wednesday, February 20, at City Hall… FREE and open to the public… mingle at 8:00 am, program at 8:30 am.
(02/16/19) Mardi Gras Seniors, Luncheon & Dance, Friday, Feb. 22, 11:30 am… See the flier
(02/16/19) Mardi Gras Special Needs, Ball & Dance, Friday, Feb. 22, 6:00 pm… See the flier
(02/08/19) Bids for the next phase of infrastructure repair and replacement, south of the railroad tracks, “SXSS”, will be opened at 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, February 13, at city hall. The cost is expected to be between $10-12M. See the map
(02/05/19) See videos of Council meetings
(02/05/19) Interested in having your children participate in the Children’s Mardi Gras Parade, Saturday, February 23? Here’s the application!
(02/02/19) The Clydesdale horses are coming to Biloxi, Wednesday, February 6, 5:30… see their travel route.
(01/29/19) East Biloxi Infrastructure (North of RR tracks) Update Watch it (South of RR tracks begins at 2:56 mark)
(01/27/19) The swimming pool at Snyder Community Center will be closed on Thursday, Jan.31 and Friday, Feb. 1, 2019 for maintenance. The pool will resume normal hours on Monday, Feb. 4, 2109
(01/27/19) A Ward 5 meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 27, 6:00, Snyder Recreation Center, Pass Road, first floor multi-purpose room. In addition to Spring Break 2019, what topics/items would you like to see on the agenda? Let me know! This meeting is open to the public.
(01/27/19) Mayor Gilich’s State of the City Address (Source: Bmail, 01/22/19)
See the Mayor’s Address (31:44)
Read the State of the City report
See text of the mayor’s speech
Pics from State of the City
(01/24/19) The next phase of Biloxi Infrastructure Project (Restore Biloxi) will see bids opened February 6. To be known as SXSS, this phase will be, generally speaking, south of the railroad tracks, east of Crawford Street, north of Howard Avenue and north of 3rd Street where it runs into Pine Street. See the map
(01/22/19) It’s been almost a year since I sent out the first Ward 5 eblast… see it here… and I’ve been sending it out every Sunday since. If you’d like to receive the Ward 5 eblast every Sunday, just send me your email address… it’s free and it’s just that easy!
(01/18/19) Arbor Day Special offered by the Harrison County Soil & Water Conservation District
(01/13/19) The latest Ward 5 eblast, 01/13/19… It’s FREE and you can be removed from the emailing list if you think it’s a waste of your time. Send me your name and preferred email address and I’ll push it to you every Sunday!
(01/08/19) The latest Ward 5 eblast… Read/Print it (2 pages)
(01/05/19) Downtown Biloxi Parking Garage Study… Read it (50 pages)
(12/30/18) Remember fireworks safety tips!
(12/28/18) Twelfth Night Celebration, Saturday, January 5th, signals the end of the 2018 Mardi Gras season and the beginning of Mardi Gras 2019. The Christmas lights at the Visitors Center/Lighthouse are turned off (6:00 pm), followed by a quick parade down Highway 90 to City Hall (6:16 pm). The Mardi Gras lights will be turned on at City Hall at 6:30 pm. The public is invited to attend!
(12/22/18) Stay informed about the city of Biloxi:
(1) Sign up for B-Alert (free city messaging system)
(2) Sign up for Bmail (free city e-newsletter),
(3) Past issues of BNews, (city’s monthly news publication) and
(4) Receive the Ward 5 eblast I send to your email box every Sunday… just email me (email@example.com) your preferred email address and I’ll add you to the list.
(12/22/18) List of holidays in 2019
(12/22/18) Wondering about what regularly scheduled public meetings that you can attend? Wonder no more!
(12/16/18) See/Read the latest Ward 5 eblast
(07/21/18) In Biloxi, short term rentals are permitted by right in some zones, permitted by Conditional Use in some zones, and prohibited in the remaining zones. Read the city’s general guidelines for short term rentals
(05/24/18) Point Cadet Waterfront Enterprise… See the resolution and drawings
Looking for past postings that you saw on this page? Click here